Olympus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-in-one Skilling Guide for beginners.

3 posters

Go down

All-in-one Skilling Guide for beginners. Empty All-in-one Skilling Guide for beginners.

Post by Beezy Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:38 am

Hello guys, my name is Beezy.
Most of you know me because I am on almost all the time.
I know some of the skills are simple to do but I have seen a few people getting confused on how I have done some of them. So I will tell you how I got all of my skills to 99.
For each skill that reaches 99 you will obtain the cape, 10m, and 10 level points.

I am always available in-game just pm me for help!

Crafting
--------------------
Crafting is pretty simple tbh. There are two places you can do it.
1. In the skilling area
2. At home

What you do is...
Buy a chisel, then buy gems, start with sapphire.
Lvls 1-40 Sapphires
Lvls 40-50 Emeralds
Lvls 50-60 Rubies
Lvls 60-65 Diamonds
Lvls 65-99 Dragonstone
This should take you a maximum of 30-35 minutes for 99.

After every load, you sell your amulets to the shopkeeper(next to the northern edgeville bank door) or the skilling zone shopkeeper(next to the thieving stalls).
----------------------------------------------------
Thieving
--------------------
Thieving can be done at the skilling zone. Once you teleport there run to slightly west to reach them. For thieving you will need to be some food and make sure to not spam click because you can get damaged by it.

What you do is....
Lvls 1-25 Crafting Stall
Lvls 25-50 Food Stall
Lvls 50-75 General Stall
Lvls 75-90 Magic Stall
Lvls 90-99 Scimitar Stall
Once again on a full load you can sell your inventory to the shop keeper next to the stalls.
1-99 can be done in about an hour.
-----------------------------------------------------
Agility
-------------------
I would say agility takes the longest out of any skill. The only way to do it is, go to your advanced skilling teleport, and click agility. You should be at the gnome agility course, each time you complete the course you get around 26k a lap and 10 tickets which can be spent on the agility shop (includes items like full agile, scythes, and bunny ears).
Getting 1-99 should take around 4+ hours.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hunter
-------------------
Hunter is probably one of the easier 99s on the server. Before you go do hunter, you need to buy a butterfly net from bob at either home or the skilling area. In order to get to the hunting area you need to, go to your teleport tab and find the advanced skilling teleport, then click on hunter and your there.

What you do is....
Lvls 1-20 Baby Implings
Lvls 20-25 Young Implings
Lvls 25-42 Gourmet Implings
Lvls 42-52 Essence Implings
Lvls 52-60 Eclectic Implings
Lvls 60-68 Nature Implings
Lvls 68-77 Magpie Implings
Lvls 77-92 Ninja Implings
Lvls 92-99 Dragon Implings
There is a place to bank directly north of where you enter from the teleport.
After you get 1-99 you can sell your imps for profit UN-NOTED to the shopkeeper either at home or the skilling zone.
---------------------------------------------------
Farming/Herblore
--------------------
Farming and herblore can be done pretty much together. This is one of the skills that people sort of get confused with. All you need for this skill is cash and vials of water for the herbs. First, tele to the skilling area and talk to bob, he sells everything you need. If you want to make things quicker stock up on seeds. I took 5 of each up to avantoe then started taking 10 up to lantadyme then 15 dwarf weed and about 40 torstol.

What you do is....
Head to the patches behind the catherby bank (northwest of the skilling area)
Only keep the 5 seeds that you will be planting that load.
As your walking back to the bank each time I suggest you clean your load of herbs.
DO NOT USE THE PATCH AT THE SKILLING TELEPORT IT EATS UP YOUR SEEDS WITHOUT GIVING ANY HERBS BACK.
Also, you do actually lose money here so make sure you have a decent amount from thieving or hunter before you go onto this Smile
--------------------------------------------------
Woodcutting/Firemaking/Fletching
-------------------
For me, woodcutting is the first skill I train in pretty much every server I play. On here, its quite fast to get it to 99 and the same goes for firemaking. Fletching on the other hand will take 1k magic longbows once you get to 80. You will need a hatchet, a knife, and a tinderbox. You can get all of these from bob. In order to do these skills just go to skilling and take a few steps north.

What you do is.....
Woodcutting - Lvls 1-30 Regular, Lvls 30-60 willow, Lvls 60-75 Yews, Lvls 75-99 Magic.
Firemaking - Firemaking has the same level req as woodcutting.
Fletching- Lvls 1-5 arrow shafts (regular logs), Lvls 5-10 shortbows, Lvls 10-35 Longbows, Lvls 35-65 Willow Longbows, Lvls 65-80 Yew longbows, Lvls 80-99 Magic Longbows.

You can do all of these skills together, what I did was got the firemaking level requirement for the next tree first then went on to fletch, once I hit 75 fm and 80 fletching I did the fm first since it's way faster but it doesn't matter which order you do it in.

You can't get much for your logs, I just dropped them, Magic longbows only sell for 1.3-1.4k each in the store and they have to be un-noted.
-------------------------------------------------
Runecrafting
--------------------
I dislike runecrafting, currently I am only 85 on the server but the way to get 99 starts from 77. For this you need to go buy a good 4-5k rune essence from bob either at home or the skilling area.
To do runecrafting you need to go home and talk to the Mage of Zamorak.

What you do is....
Lvls 1-44 Air Runes
Lvls 44-65 Nature Runes
Lvls 65-77 Law Runes
Lvls 77-99 Blood Runes

Runecrafting should take about 2-3 hours, it isn't that slow, but it gets extremely annoying. :p
-----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Beezy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:21 am; edited 4 times in total

Beezy

Back to top Go down

All-in-one Skilling Guide for beginners. Empty Re: All-in-one Skilling Guide for beginners.

Post by Beezy Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:38 am

Fishing/Cooking
----------------------
Fishing and cooking can be done in Catherby a.k.a the skilling zone. First off you will need to buy a small fishing net, a lobster pot, and a harpoon. To get there, just use the skilling tele on your tele tab. There is a cooking range east of where you tele right next to the furnace.

What you do is....
Lvls 1-35 Shrimp (net and harpoon fishing spot)
Lvls 35-76 Tunas/Swordies (net and harpoon fishing spot)
Lvls 76-90 Shark (cage and harpoon fishing spot)
(you should have gotten 99 cooking at around 81-82 fishing)
Lvls 90-99 Rocktail (cage and harpoon fishing spot)

You can continue to cook after 99 if you want it to take longer but I suggest you don't make it harder on yourself fishing is already a 3+ hour skill.
-------------------------------------------------
Mining/Smithing
----------------------
Mining and smithing can be done in the skilling zone. What you need to buy is a pickaxe and a hammer. Mining and smithing are done at pretty much the same pace so the level requirements will be the same, when you move up to the next ore you should be able to smelt it. The rocks in the skilling zone are right behind the trees, and should be easy to spot.

What you do is.....
Lvls 1-15 Copper and Tin (make sure to get atleast 2 of each)
Lvls 15-55 Iron Ore
Lvls 55-70 Mithril Ore
Lvls 70-85 Adamant Ore
Lvls 85-99 Runite Ore

Mining is pretty easy and shouldn't take too long. I only made about 10m from it and that wasn't until I was smithing rune.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are all cb related skills

Slayer
--------------------
To begin slayer you need to teleport home and speak to duradel. He will give you a task based on your level so you don't have to worry about getting anything too hard.
There a useful command for slayer, you can do   ::task  to be teleported right to where your task is, unless it is an elite task.
The slayer shop consists of many good pvp armors, chaotics, and of course the slayer helmet.
Each easy task gives 5 pts, medium tasks give 10, hard tasks give 15, and elite tasks give 30.
Summoning
---------------------
Summoning can be done at home when talking to pikkupstix. In order to do summoning you need to buy spirit shards from him, summoning pouches, and need to have some charm, which can be picked up from monsters.
Now, if your a 100% sure you won't do summoning don't worry about charms but for the people who aren't quite sure I do suggest that you pick up as many charms as you can!!
I am 94 summon and have used over 900 charms, so it does take awhile.
Pk'ing
--------------------
Pking is straight forward in order to raise it you gotta pk. It is possible to get pk pts and exp while at ::funpk (which I recommend because you don't lose your gear). Each kill I think you get somewhere around 45-50k exp a kill.
There is a pk pt shop at home that contains some decent, usefull equips like all of the rex rings enchanted, steadfast boots, and a few other handy equips.
Each kill you get 25 pk points along with that kill getting recorded and added onto your kill-streak, to look at the kill-streak system go into the quest tab and click it Smile.
----------------------------------------------

Well that's about it for my guide I hope some of this was somewhat helpful Smile

Last edited by Beezy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Beezy

Back to top Go down

All-in-one Skilling Guide for beginners. Empty Re: All-in-one Skilling Guide for beginners.

Post by Beezy Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:39 am

Res

Beezy

Back to top Go down

Post by weeni Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:43 am

Great job man, exactly what i did to get those skills 99. mabey pictures would be the only thing that could make this guide even better
weeni
weeni

Back to top Go down

Post by Beezy Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:51 am

Whats the easiest way to do that?

Beezy

Back to top Go down

Post by bito Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:18 am

good guide but agility takes more than 3-4 hours to get 99, it took me like 6-8 hours :d
bito
bito

Back to top Go down

Post by weeni Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am

u get 75k per kill for pk skill
weeni
weeni

Back to top Go down

Post by Beezy Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:58 am

weeni wrote:u get 75k per kill for pk skill
No its not, I did the math. It calculated out to 48.2k per a kill thanks for trying to correct me >.> haha

Beezy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down